Monday, November 30, 2009
I'm watching the deals today, how about you? I'm really on the lookout for deals on video games and sports jerseys, so if you hear of anything, please let me know, thanks!
Here's a few goodies I have found:
Reebok.com has 40% off EVERYTHING with coupon code: Cyber40, plus you get a free AFL 50th Anniversary DVD, which is added to your shopping cart automatically. They have shoes, apparel and more.
Amazon.com is having Cyber Monday deals all day long...they will have FIVE laptop/notebook deals, too. Along with toys, jewelry, DVD's and more. You may also get a link for a free trial of Amazon Prime, which gives you free shipping on any order. Otherwise, you still get free shipping on any order $25 or more.
$5 Magazine Subscriptions, also at Amazon.com! Titles include: People Magazine, Real Simple, Cosmopolitan, Southern Living, House Beautiful, Sports Illustrated, Smart Money, Food & Wine, Travel & Leisure and Popular Science.
Crate & Barrel has 15% off and free shipping with coupon code: SAVE15
I will be updating this post throughout the day, so make sure to check back.
Friday, November 27, 2009
I have been checking out the online deals this morning for Black Friday (because I am not going to the mall today! Yikes!)...and I came across these $5 magazine subscriptions at Amazon.com, whoo-hoo! They are actually having some really good deals all weekend long for Black Friday and Cyber Monday, pretty cool. I am hoping to get some good deals on some PS3 games for my oldest son...so if you see anything, please let me know!
Now, on to the magazine deals....
Who Reads Southern Living?
Southern Living is written for any woman who feels a strong connection to the South--geographic or otherwise--and who wants to live the lifestyle she associates with the region and the magazine. Specifically, she wants a warm, casual, inviting home; great recipes she can count on for friends and family; terrific travel ideas for family vacations; a garden that not only beautifies her home but extends family living/entertaining space into the outdoors; and a sense of pride and respect for the South.
What You Can Expect in Each Issue:
- Weekend Guide for 5 different regions: What to do close to home right now: city day trips; new shopping and dining experiences; hiking and other outdoor activities; romantic getaways and quick vacations.
- So Southern: Creative, seasonal, inspiring ideas.
- Travel: Destinations primarily within the South; insider information from editors who have been there and tried each hotel, restaurant, attraction, etc.; beautiful sense-of-place features that inspire pride in the South; budget travel and splurges; trips packaged for families with young children, couples, girlfriends, etc.
- Homes: Casual, comfortable homes that reflect the homeowners' lifestyle and their Southernness; creative decorating ideas; features that teach readers the basics of good design and offer advice from design professionals.
- Gardens: Beautiful homeowner gardens to inspire; great indoor-outdoor living ideas; expert planting and growing advice specific to the South and tailored to all the regions of the South (coastal, Southwest, etc.).
- Foods: Outstanding kitchen-tested recipes that readers have come to trust and treasure; Southern classics as a well as fresh twists and updated recipes using traditional Southern ingredients.
- Feature Articles: Feature articles reflect the primary sections of the magazine, in terms of content. Recent issues have featured: Azaleas Say Welcome, A Farm-Fresh Easter, Kentucky's Wild Wonder (Red River Gorge), Food-for-You Grilling, The Allure of Natchez, No Fuss Allowed (casual lunch for friends), Creating Character (new Lowcountry home taking cues from Old regional architecture), and Legacy of Wildflowers (Winterthur estate).
Who Reads House Beautiful?
The House Beautiful reader is someone whose home is her bedrock. She is always improving it because the process – and result – delights her. Happiness in her home comes from easy luxury and highly personal style. Her home is a gift to share with family and friends.
What You Can Expect in Each Issue:
- The Best: The editors' inside-view of today's hottest products.
- Color: The perfect color every time! Top designers share their colorful secrets for effectively using color.
- The Makeover: Monthly series following the progress of an ongoing renovation project.
- Tablescape: Expert advice on setting a luxurious table--or creating a tabletop vignette--in your own home.
- Ask the Barefoot Contessa: Ina Garten shares simple how-tos, recipes, and entertaining tips.
- Cookbook: Editors put the latest cookbooks to the test, making recipes and offering real advice on what works--and what doesn't.
- Features: House Beautiful is the home design magazine that puts the reader and her lifestyle, tastes and dreams first. Recent issues have showcased furniture, accessories for the home, the use of color in your rooms, and how to make the most of a small space.
Who Reads Real Simple?
Real Simple’s core audience is comprised of smart, busy women who are looking for creative solutions to their everyday challenges, so they have more time to focus on what really matters. Real Simple serves a wide range of women with just as many loyal fans in their 20s as in their 50s. The Real Simple reader is well-educated, affluent and professional, but most of all, she is looking for ways to make life easier. Real Simple has an impressive monthly audience of 8.6 million people, including a loyal following of women who say they feel calmer and more in control when they receive the magazine each month.
What You Can Expect in Each Issue:
Real Simple incorporates and speaks to all aspects of a woman's busy life, including beauty, entertaining, etiquette, family, finance, food, health, home, pets, soul, style and technology. From time-to-time, Real Simple also addresses gifts, the holidays, travel and weddings. Each month, the magazine starts off with “Your Words,” where readers share their answers to a question of the month; followed by “Simple Solutions,” the front-of-book section with smart pieces of ideas, insight and inspiration including the popular New Uses for Old Things and Products of the Month. “The Guide” offers strategies, systems and smarts for making life easier with stories in every topic area the magazine covers. Real Simple also features “Moneywise,” a section dedicated to spending smarter; “Road Tests,” real-people tested product recommendations; and “Cooking,” a back-of-book section devoted to recipes, techniques and tips. “Real Simple To Go” closes the magazine each month, featuring tear-out perforated pieces of useful information for readers to take with them in their daily lives. The Real Simple “feature well” changes from month-to-month but always features beautiful, smart stories on a broad range of topics intended to inspire the reader.
There are more subscriptions to choose from here.
Happy Reading and Shopping!!!
Monday, November 16, 2009
Specially-marked Crayola crayon boxes (48, 64, 96, 120-ct. as well as the 150-ct. Crayon Tower) will include a code that lets you print the custom coloring pages. Kids and moms can try out the application for free online at Crayola.com/colorme, but a code is required to print out the personalized coloring pages. Each code found in 64-count boxes and larger is good for six months of unlimited prints. The 48-count box has a code that is good for three months of unlimited prints.
Here is a FREE One Day Code for you: PRT77F3S
The program is so easy to use that your child can even help you do it.
1. Upload a new or existing digital photo onto the “Lights, Camera, Color” application at Crayola.com/colorme
2. Print out your coloring page or save and send it to Coloring Page Maker to customize with fun graphics.
3. Choose a background: you can choose from several including a desert, a beach, a haunted house and more.
4. Add props such as a hat, mustache, wings, etc.
5. Select words/phrases: “Best Friends,” “Kids Only,” “All Star” to name just a few.
6. Save and print.
7. Start coloring your one-of-a-kind creation.
Here is an example of what you can create:
Pretty cool, huh?
To enter to win, just leave a comment, it's that easy!
For extra entries:
-Tweet about this giveaway and leave link (2 extra entries, leave 2 extra comments)
Good Luck! I will chose a winner on Friday, November 20th!!!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
The LUCKY winner is Niartist from COLOR OUTSIDE THE LINES, who said:
Ok, so IF I were to win the gift card, I'd work on redoing my dining room! I've been so disappointed by it lately, and I just need to get it together. I saw some great curtains at our local HomeGoods/TJMaxx and I know they'd look great in there ... so I'm crossing my fingers about this giveaway!
I will be contacting you right away, Artie!
PS: I am listing goodies on ebay, make sure to check it out. Dept 56, Partylite, Decor Items and who knows what else? lol THANKS!