Tuesday, October 13, 2009

HomeGoods - What's Your Decorating Style?

Hi Friends!







Well, today is THE day! I get to go shopping at my local HomeGoods store and transform an area of my home. How exciting! Most people would probably know exactly what area that they want to makeover. Not me. I have no idea! Or should I say, I have TOO many ideas!

So, I guess I will wait til I get to HomeGoods and see what catches my eye the most and go from there. I haven't been to HomeGoods since June (I only shop there without kids!), so I am excited to get back in there and see what new items they have on display.


HomeGoods also has a neat quiz on their site to find out what your decorating style is. My style is Bohemian Casual:


Bella, you are a Bohemian Casual

You are interested in creating a place where people feel relaxed. You have a variety of interests and influences and so appreciate different styles, cultures, and objects. Your home is cozy, with comfy chairs, throw pillows and places to set a drink or a book. But it also feels creative and visually intriguing, because you have an artist's eye that allows you to find objects that appeal to you in a unique and personal way—whether from your travels or from a local shop. This gives your home a feeling of being laid-back, and maybe even a bit quirky with its mix of pieces—some of which are classic, some handmade, some ethnic, and some just rich in meaning to you.


You value serenity. While there are probably a lot of interesting things in your home, they are joined by your taste or a certain palette that keeps them in harmony. You appreciate the beauty in simple forms. Whether fancy or plain, you appreciate things that are well made and function as well as they look. You also have a strong respect for the environment and craftsmanship. You care about how things are made, and how they are used.


Sounds just about right, too! What style are you?


I will also be having HomeGoods gift card giveaway soon, so make sure to stop by and enter to win!



ttfn,



PS: To read about my
first visit to my local HomeGoods store, go here and have a good chuckle, too.



PPS: Remember this? I purchased everything at HomeGoods!

9 comments:

Lou Cinda said...

I LOVE Homegoods! The closest one to me is about 60 miles away and I get over there every few months. I prefer to go totally alone, so I can just shop without answering questions, or explaining what I am going to do with everything in my cart! lol

Have fun!

Lou Cinda

Sharon said...

Enjoy your shopping trip ... look forward to seeing what you got.

Shannon P. said...

It's been too long since I've been to Home Goods. I really need to plan a trip. Hope you have a great time!

I loved the quiz. Here's what I got: Shannon, you are a Country Eclectic
You have wide-ranging interests and influences and therefore appreciate a mix of styles, periods, and objects. You would never use a matching suite of furniture or could stand a home that seemed cookie-cutter. But you love the breezy, layered look of wonderfully personal beach houses and the happy florals of English cottages. Bringing the outdoors in makes you happy: a little chintz or ruffle or weathered furniture, urns filled with tennis rackets, colored glasses filled with cut flowers, vintage-looking, mixed tea cups, and all things that give a sense of a happy, simple life.

You value comfort. Your home is a warm and open friendly place, and you feel happiest when everyone is cared for and relaxed in your space. Elements like pillows, throws, overstuffed furniture, and good lighting set the mood. You may also enjoy layering different fabrics or mixing patterns to create a cozy effect.

Becolorful said...

OOOOOOOHHH this was so fun. Thanks for sharing. We don't have a Home Goods where I live. In fact, I had never heard of it until I started reading blogs. I think it is affiliated or similar to TJ Maxx which we do have but on a much bigger scale. So sad for me but I did take the quiz and that was fun. Found out I am Bohemian Classic. Interesting for a Norwegian girl living in Iowa :)

Red Lipstick Style said...

This was a fun quiz, I'm a Bohemian Classic.

Jeannette said...

Hi Bella! I was at HomeGoods today and treated myself to one large purchase (a gorgeous picture) rather than my usual lots a small stuff! There is no other store out there that can compete with HomeGoods as far as a I am concerned! Always something to catch my eye!!lol It caused me to come home and take down a wallpaper border and stop at joannes for some fabric for new curtains! Oh well here we go again!!! I hope you found something good!!! I must go take the test - Great Weekend - Sincerely, Jeannette

Jeannette said...

Hi again Bella! I'm a Glamorous Classic! Fun quiz and although I was surprised it pretty much was right on! Thanks - Jeannette

Modern Sport Watches said...

Hookah, Shisha, Hookahs Hookah Accessories Vases , Hookah Charcoal
hookah
charcoal
starbuzz
al fakher
hookahs
Mya Hookah
Deja Vu Tobacco
Khalil Mamoon Hookah
Layalina Hookah Tobacco
Casio Watches
Cars Speakers
Treadmills

Modern Sport Watches said...

Hookah, Shisha, Hookahs Hookah Accessories Vases , Hookah Charcoal
hookah
charcoal
starbuzz
al fakher
hookahs
Mya Hookah
Deja Vu Tobacco
Khalil Mamoon Hookah
Layalina Hookah Tobacco
Casio Watches
Cars Speakers
Treadmills

Related Posts with Thumbnails