Monday, April 6, 2009

Sure Fit Slipcovers for Wing Chairs

I am in the midst of planning for my Living Room re-do. I am bringing in a couple of wing chairs that I bought at a garage sale into the room...but they desperately needed to be covered. I remembered that Marie from Watch The Wind Blow By had ordered a beautiful slipcover from ebay and lucky for me, I found 2 slipcovers that I love. Here, take a look:


I think these may even be the same ones that Marie ordered. I just love the chocolate brown color and I hope they come soon! I can't wait to see what they look like!

Now, I need an area rug and window treatments...oh and I still need to pick a paint color...by Friday! I want a green, brown, cream sort of color for the rug..and maybe a faux silk champagne gold for the curtains, with sheers, too. I have HUGE windows in the Living Room. I wanted to do Bamboo shades with Curtains, but I think that would be really expensive. We need room darkening, too, because of the TV. It's pretty challenging...

What are your favorite places to shop for area rugs and window treatments online?

Thanks!


ttfn,

PS: Here is the buyer that I bought the slipcovers from: Smart Bargains





14 comments:

Darlene said...

Those wing chairs are going to be beautiful with those slipcovers. I can't wait to see the whole room pulled together.♥

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Well I have to say my favorite place for area rugs is Creative Carpet Design...that's our business! LOL

God Bless
Darlene
www.creativecarpetdesign.com

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Bella, I just put bamboo on a couple windows and I love it!! I had them on two other rooms in the house, but this time I got the privacy shades for behind them and that helps a lot. I moved some to our bedroom that have virtually NO space between them, so with the liner, it makes our room SUPER dark. I LOOOOOVE it. Depending on the kind you buy, it could work. This time I got mine at Target for $35 each.

Janet said...

I am sooo bummed. I finally gave away my wing chair because I couldn't find a slip cover for it. Maybe I can get it back. ;)

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

I just saw a blog where the person used dropcloths from Lowes as their curtains--and they looked GREAT!! I think she used ring clips to hang them.

~ Sarah

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

I just found the blog again...and now realize that she already commented on your post! :)

http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/2009/04/easy-drapery-tricks.html

~ Sarah

Acorn Alcove said...

Hi Bella!

I just wanted to drop you a quick note to let you know that I have a little surprise for you on my blog (http://acornalcove.blogspot.com/).
Be sure to stop by and check it out!

rkdsign88 said...

Looks like you are having good time decorating, that sounds fun. Please don't forget to post the new look :)

B Boys Mom said...

Wow that slip cover really looks good. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks in your room.

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

I got a cheap very large bamboo shade at Lowes for my office. I had to cut it down to fit my window, since I hung it inside the window pane and the curtains on the outside. I just shut the curtains to block out more light if needed.

Have fun decorating!

Maridith said...

My mom is giving me two wing chairs because they do not fit her decor anymore. I wasn't sure if I was going to tackle reupholstering them myself until now. you can't beat $35 a slipcover! Thanks so much!! Can't wait to see your finished room.

Mary said...

Very pretty slip covers, Bella! I've purchased area rugs from Overstock.com before and got good prices and service. Good luck! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Bella, I like Overstock for rugs & they have some WT's too. Also, Ballards has some surprisingly good prices on some of their WT's too. West Elm is another good place to browse for curtains, good prices. Congrats on the new slipcover, it's beautiful.

J.Covington*Design said...

Great site Bella...just added you to my favorite blogs. Have you looked at Dash & Albert for rugs?

Alex

Related Posts with Thumbnails