Wednesday, March 4, 2009

When You Update One Thing - It Makes Everything Else Look Crappy

Isn't that the truth? ;)





So, last week I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond to buy some bridal shower gifts for my niece, which was really FUN...and I found a shower curtain rod on clearance for $19.99 and with my handy dandy coupon, it was about $15, so I bought it.





I brought it home and put it up...and boy did it look....pitiful!












You see, the old rod was white and so were the shower curtain hooks, so they matched. But when I put the old white hooks back on the rod, well...tacky city is all I could think ;)






So...I went back to Bed, Bath & Beyond the next day and bought the matching shower hooks, that were not on sale (what the heck, the rod is on clearance but not the hooks, but I guess I should be happy that I found them at all...)





And now, much better...although, I am not thrilled that the metal part is silver instead of a bronze color to totally match the rod. I am sooooo picky ;)











I love this Fleur de Lis shower curtain, but my husband is not so thrilled about it. Who knew Fleur de Lis could be so offensive? ;)


ttfn,



15 comments:

Darlene said...

I think it all looks great and what is your hubby's problem to not like the fleur de lis???? You know sometimes they just don't "get it".....lol

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

Oh my goodness- that is so the truth!!! In everything, home decor, clothing, etc. Fun post- I think everything turned out pretty. I love the fleurs.

Lisa said...

And I thought I was the only one whose husband wasn't fond of the French!

I think your curtain looks great!

tidymom said...

what do men know?! LOL it looks great!! I love it!

~TidyMom

Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam said...

oh bella - I just had to laugh when I saw this title pop up in my reader...it's so true. Just can't stop at one thing. :)

Karen said...

what is not to like about fleur de lis??? Silly boy.

Ramona said...

Hey there Bella ~ It looks great...I love fleur de lis! Don't worry about our men not understanding...there is enough fleur de lis love in the world to keep us all happy!

Smiles ~ Ramona

Kirstin said...

The final look is very pretty!

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

I love fleurs and have several of them all over the house LOL!! Anyway, the shower curtain is cute and the new rings look much better with it.

Manuela

Lisa said...

I finally went and bought one of those shwower curtin rods that curve out to gie you more room in the shower, since I am PG and ever expanding I NEEDED more room..Never mind my huby put more holes in the walls then needed I have more room.

linda said...

What does hubby know anyway...we women think it looks great! And we are the experts wouldn't you agree!?!

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I think it looks GREAT! I finally bought the roller ball ones a few months ago for my son's bathroom and love them! It's the little things for sure!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love your shower curtain. My husband doesn't like fleur de lis because it looks like the boy scout symbol. Not sure if he had bad memories, but he says that everytime he sees it!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

You can always take a bit of craft paint and a sponge brush and dab on a bit of bronzy color to the silver.

Jonara Blu Maui said...

Well in jewelry making they often mix metals..I think it looks great. Esp if your sink fixtures are silver..then it will pull from them. The bronze curtain rod matches the color of the fleur di lis (or however that was spelled) <--love those too! They are really cool in jewelry pieces!

Related Posts with Thumbnails