Friday, March 20, 2009

I'm Hooked on Virtual Design Makeovers from Alt-erior Design

Hi! Welcome to my blog today!



If you are here for the first time, visiting from Hooked on Houses, Hooked on Toile Party, thank you for visiting and I am very glad that you came! And if you have been here before, well, I am also glad you stopped by...the more, the merrier! Let's keep the party rolling! I just love the Toile Rain Boots that Julia had on her blog, too cute!





This week, I am hooked on virtual design makeovers from Alt-erior Designs, which belongs to my new friend, Ali Mae.


How could I not be? A couple of weeks ago, I posted a picture of my brick home and told all of my readers that I would like to paint it. A day later, I received an email from Ali Mae, with a virtual makeover of my brick home and how it would look if it were painted and had a trellis and porch curtains, here, take a look...



She took my home from this:





To this!




Isn't that gorgeous? And it's so life-like, it really does give you a good idea of what the house would look like painted. She does fabulous work!


Then, this week, I posted that I need to pick out a paint color for my Living Room and again, Ali Mae sent me another virtual makeover, she's amazing!!!




My current Living Room:




Some color choices for my Living Room:





I am so glad that Ali Mae did the virtual makeover of my Living Room, because I was leaning towards cream, but I can now SEE that cream would not really be the best choice. I like the khaki and brown tones much better, they are so much warmer and cozier, which is exactly what I want for that room.

If you are interested in a virtual design makeover for your home, visit Ali Mae's blog, Alt-erior Designs for more information and pricing.

To see what everyone else is hooked on today, visit Julia's blog party.

Have a great weekend everyone!


ttfn,


19 comments:

tidymom said...

I'm loving your virtual makeovers lately!! - I agree I like the tan colors in you room.

I'm looking for a site where I can play with rearranging the furniture in a room - do you know one?

~TidyMom

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Those virtual makeovers are fabulous. Think of all the paint it would've saved me over the years if I could've done this first!

So nice to see you at my party today, Bella. Have a great weekend! :-)

Lisa said...

The paint colors are beautiful - my favorite is the bottom right (dark on one wall, light on the other).

Tidymom - Better Homes & Gardens used to have something like that on their website. I haven't visited in a while so it may not be there anymore. It was called "room arranger" or something similar.

Lisa

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Happy Friday, Happy Spring, Happy~Happy Everything!

Ali Mae said...

YOU are the one who is awesome. I'm flattered. I just got your email last night--guess i'll have to come up with some pricing :D

completely-coastal.com said...

Wow, the house looks great painted, and it's really a fabulous way to play around and try out some different looks..., I agree the darker color (bottom right) works so much better than creme.

Love Where You Live said...

Boy, she just saved your time and money! I love a quick and easy way to see what something might look like. You didn't ask, but I vote for the green. With some great pillows incorporating the green (and other colors??), it will really pop! Have fun and thanks for sharing the info, -susan

Karen said...

so is it easier to choose now?? LOL! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those boots!

Karen said...

so is it easier to choose now?? LOL! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those boots!

siteseer said...

Love the makeover. I too like the browns more.

Suzy said...

I think the makeovers are right on target. When does the house painting start? Thanks forr sharing!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

What a cool thing to use! It gives you such a good idea of what a new design would look like. Very nice!

Have a great weekend!

Hugs, Sherry

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Fabulous...I'm hooked on her too!!

Bellamere Cottage said...

I totally agree......the darker color in your living room is the best! It looks great. Who would have thought that you could have a virtual makeover??

Blessings!
Spencer

ilovemy5kids said...

I love make-overs! Come see my blog and you will see!

I came from the Ultimate party blog!

I'm going to be returning here soon!

SWIRL said...

love the idea of virtual make-overs! visiting from the UBP- love the site! love your ideas!

Baba said...

I am loving your blog! I am going to have to try this virtual site. Party hopping and participating too so stop in for a visit.

Mary said...

I gotta check her services out! We have such a dilemma with painting because we have an open floor plan with connecting walls throughout the home. We also have a variety of colors in our furniture. I don't know what to do - I'm sure I can use Ali Mae's services!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Wow! That is an incredible virtual makeover of your house! What fun! Thank you for coming by my blog. I'll be adding you to my blog list and will be back for future visits. laurie

Related Posts with Thumbnails