Thursday, February 5, 2009

Professional Online Home Design Consultations

Do you have any upcoming design projects on your home...but you just don't know where to start? How about an online design consultation from a professional home interior decorator?








First there is Rhoda from Southern Hospitality is a Design Consultant with a home decorating business, The Restyled Room, in Birmingham, AL. She loves the thrill of the hunt...garage sales and thrift stores are her specialty! She has even been featured in her local newspaper for her thrifting abilities. Her home is beautiful and she seems to know exactly where everything should 'go' without overdoing it. She has a classic, comfortable & timeless style, yet it's fresh & current, too--love that!

Rhoda has 2 Design Consult Plans to choose from:






Plan #1 - $50





You send me an email with pictures, showing the layout of your room from all angles, dimensions of the room, and anything else you might want to tell me about the room and your style. Let me know what you want to accomplish, or if you’re totally stuck, I will give you a direction to move into after we have some conversations back and forth about your room. This would be general decorating advice, like paint colors, ideas on room arrangement, adding accessories and some general ideas on how to improve the room either using what you already have or some suggestions of things to purchase.









Plan #2 - $100






This would be an entire room consultation, from top to bottom. Again I would need pics from all angles, dimensions, and anything else you might want to tell me about the room and your style. Are you starting over with the room, or just need ideas to take it to the next level? Sometimes a fresh eye is all that is needed to look at pics and begin to figure out what is missing or perhaps what is there that should come out of the room. This would cover paint colors, furniture placement, fabrics, window treatment ideas, and accessorizing. This would cover ongoing emails or even talking on the phone to discuss ideas and plans for your room, what sort of budget you have to buy new pieces, etc. In this plan, I would also shop online for some ideas on furniture pieces, rugs, lamps, etc. as needed and present them all to you.







Then there is Layla Palmer from The Lettered Cottage. Layla is busy renovating and decorating her cottage in Alabama. She has already made so many great renovations, like her cozy reading room, her black kitchen cupboards and her breezy pantry. I love Layla's style, it's clean and classic, minimalistic, but cozy & pretty at the same time. I really don't know how she pulls that off, but she does and I'm always in awe of what she comes up with.









Layla has 4 Design Plans to choose from:












Need advice on where to purchase something? Aren't sure how high to hang your drapes? Would you like my advice on what to do with a flea-market find? Or just need an educated (and obsessive) outside opinion on something you've been indecisive about? If you'd like to ask me any single, design-related question, that can be summed up into one sentence- choose this option and I'll get right to work!









Send me a couple of photographs of your design dilemma. I will type out a detailed description of exactly what I would recommend. In my evaluation of your dilemma, I will include such things as color choices, resources, and the thought process behind all of my suggestions.






Tell me about you, your family, your budget and send me two or three photographs of the space you'd like my advice on. (Preferably one of each wall in the room) I will create a "photo drawing" for you (using one of the photos you send me) to provide inspiration on how your space could look completely transformed. I will also provide a detailed description of my suggestions, from my recommendations on installations, to materials, to resources, to color choices and any other information I feel is necessary to help carry out the design the way I portray it in the drawing.


Send me your budget, measurements and photos of the space you'd like my input on, and I will create a 3-D virtual drawing/model of your space to work from. I will completely design or re-design your space, whichever the case may be. Your 3-D model will show furniture, lighting, rug and accessory placement. You'll also see textures & paint colors.This process will ensure that you are completely happy with the paint color, furniture placement and all other aspects of the design BEFORE you spend a dime bringing it to life. Even if it's something that you intend to implement over a long period of time, with my 3-D plan and instructions in hand, you'll be set to pull the pieces together bit by bit, or all at once, whichever works for you.









And last, there is Sarah from Thrifty Decor Chick. Sarah has more creativity and energy than anyone I know! She has made her home so stunning, just gorgeous...and all on a thrifty chick's kind of budget...you know I love that!



Sarah offers a Simple Design Consultation Plan for $10:







Help with paint colors, molding ideas, furniture placement, accessorizing, organization ideas, draperies and more!


So, if you are stuck on where to start or what to do next, why not hire one of these talented ladies to help you sort through it all and get you on the right track...to a beautiful new room!



PS: I just found out that I am a finalist for a blog makeover!!! If you want to vote for me, just visit Design Pepper's website and tick the box next to my blog---no registering, just an easy vote! But if I'm not your favorite, then pick the one you want to win, no worries! Thanks!

7 comments:

Layla said...

Why thank you Miss Bella!!!

I sure do appreciate you spreading the word about my passion for interiors here on your fabulous blog!

YOU ROCK!
Layla
The Lettered Cottage

niartist said...

Thanks for letting us all in on this Bella! You're the best! :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Bella, you're the best! Thank you so much for the shout-out. I would love to do a consultation for any of your readers!

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Bella you ROCK -- you are so awesome. Thanks so much for doing this!!

~ Charlene S Noto said...

Great read. Just stopped by and found myself staying. Nice blog.

Veronica Lee said...

Hi Bella! Welcome to MBC!

Susie from Bienvenue said...

What great ladies you just mentioned. I had the joy to meet with Miss Rhoda this weekend. I can tell yall this. She is the real deal!! I adore her and her decorating talents. All of these ladies are great. Thank goodness Im not redecorating at the momment. It would be hard to pick just one. Good luck on your contest. I will have to hop on ny and give you a vote~

Related Posts with Thumbnails