Friday, January 16, 2009

Hooked on Etsy!

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog today. I am participating in Hooked on Houses "Hooked on Fridays" Blog Party. Make sure to stop by there today and check out what everyone is hooked on today!

Today, I am going to tell you all about my addiction to ETSY!!! Wow, do I love Etsy! There is so much talent out there and how fun that you can shop from your own home, especially on a cold winter day! Here are a few things that I found today to share with you, I hope you'll enjoy them.

Let's start off with something hot to drink. What's your beverage of choice? Coffee, Tea or Hot Cocoa? How about using this Lynn Cardwell Pottery mug to drink it in?



I actually have a mug quite similar to this one, made by Lynn Cardwell. It is such a work of hard and I love to just hold it in my hands. I love, love, love my mug!


Like a cookie with that?
How about a Plum Rugelach from Bears Baked Goods? I have never had one of these, but I sure want to try it!




YUMMY!!!



Have to head outside? Just look at this gorgeous scarf from treacle toffee, it so classy, yet it's fun and funky at the same time:





treacle toffee also has a blog here.


How about a shawl, from Italy?





Silvia 66 makes the most gorgeous shawls, capelets, neck warmers and more...I just love her work! bella! bella!



Be. Still. My. Heart.

Here comes Triz Designs, oh how I love her jewelry. I don't even know if you should call it jewelry because it is more like art, wearable art. Take a look:












Triz Designs also has a blog here.



Here's a cute idea for Valentine's Day from LoveLee Soaps:




So cute! I love ordering handmade soap from Etsy, it's an affordable luxury, love that! LoveLee Soaps also has a blog here.


And who doesn't love a tassel from
The Nester? Here is my current favorite, so don't buy it, unless you are buying it for me ;)



And of course, we all love The Nesting Place Blog which can be found here.


Wasn't that fun? What do you love at Etsy? Do you have a shop at Etsy? What do you sell?



Have a wonderful weekend & make sure to enter my giveaway, too!



ttfn,

31 comments:

The Nester said...

OH HONEY!

You are too kind and you have fantastic taste! AHHH! My shop is so empty and I'm not making anything for another week--hmm, maybe I should list a couple of things with all of this free advertising?

Heart you!

Catherine said...

Thanks for including me with all those lovely things. Those cookies look divine!

Misti said...

Hi! I am a newbie to your site, and love it! Etsy is just the coolest thing since Ebay, isn't it? Right now I am hooked on cool coffee tables, my latest post, wish I had more family rooms so I could have lots of coffee tables! Really should open an Etsy shop for my dog and kids' paintings. Maybe I should make that a goal for next week!
~Misti

Lissa said...

Hey there... Stopping by from Hooked on Houses. :-) Thanks for highlighting Etsy this week! As an Etsian myself, I'm surprised how many people still don't know about this phenomenal resource. :-)

Have a great weekend!

- Melissa (from http://riggs.me)

Triz Designs said...

What beautiful items! Etsy is filled with so much talent!!! Thank you so much Bella for featuring my pieces! :-)

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I love the capelets and the soap.

I spend perhaps a bit to much time (and money) at Etsy. :)

Right now my Valentine jewelry is selling almost faster than I can make it. Yeah!

Gigi said...

The creativity on display here is fabulous. There are some super talented people out there...
Thanks for sharing!

imjacobsmom said...

Etsy is filled with lots of talent! You found some great items! ~ Robyn

tidymom said...

I've been lovin' Etsy lately too!! What a wealth of talent there!!

~Tidymom

Darlene said...

I discovered Etsy when I discovered blogging and I have bought quite a few little goodies....tassels, bracelets, signs and just today two necklaces from a new friend! I am definitely hooked! I also LOVE the fact that I am buying from "real" people!

Monica said...

I love shopping (and selling) on Etsy too! You found some great new items I haven't seen before!!

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Those are some great finds! We sell some of our rugs on etsy as well as ebay and amazon. You can visit our etsy site here:
www.creativecarpetdesign.etsy.com

Delighted said...

I too, am hooked on Etsy! I could spend hours just browsing. I'm always amazed at the creativity and talent that I find!

The Berry's Patch said...

Gosh, there are so many talented ladies out there. Etsy is the coolest invention since sliced bread.

Monica said...

I forgot to put my link:

http://AbbaDabbaBags.etsy.com

I think the handmade soap on Etsy is my favorite too! I buy it for myself, I give it as gifts... I buy so much I just can't use it fast enough.

completely-coastal.com said...

Etsy is great and it seems to be so popular too, which is wonderful I think. I plan to visit more and find all the neat things coastal and beachy.

B Boys Mom said...

What nice stuff!

Ms. Tee said...

I'm so hooked on Etsy, too - I never knew all the neat things that were on there until recently. Hope you're staying warm - have a good weekend! :)

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

What fabulous finds!! Love the pottery mug and that scarf especially. I bought some jewelry off Etsy for Christmas gifts that went over really well. I'll have to check out these shops you linked to.

Great post! Thanks for linking up to my party, Bella! :-)

Carol said...

What a beautiful blog! I'm glad I found you!!

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Hi Bella! Well, we love Etsy so much we just started a blog called EverythingEtsy.com! We're just getting going but it's been fun! I have a shop and business has been pretty good! I bought tons of my Christmas presents on Etsy and I am so hooked!

MySweetThree said...

I LOOOOOVE that Mug! I have a shop! =) I make paper mache beads! Really though, all beautiful items you featured!

Peggy said...

I love this blog because we all want a beautiful home. I also love shopping on Etsy,its great and I too have found many fantastic items.

JudyBug said...

I just found etsy about a month ago. So far, I'm just window shopping, but will probably purchase an apron that I can't live without.

Love the tassel. That's another weakness!

PamperingBeki said...

Can I just say YAY ETSY?!!!

I love it there.

I do have a shop where I sell jewelry and accessories.

You have some great picks here!

feefifoto said...

Thanks for your comment on my favicon post. I put one up on my daughter's Blogger blog. Would you like me to help you get one? The first thing you need is a 16 by 16 jpg image. Let me know when you have one you like.

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Hey there...love your etsy finds. That place can be addicting.

Natalie said...

I'm totally hooked on Etsy as well. I did much of my holiday shopping on it, and plan to buy as much hand made items as I possibly can from here on out.

-Nat :)

justabeachkat said...

That WAS fun! So much "eye candy"!

Hugs!
Kat

rkdsign88 said...

Those are beautiful arts. Etsy is rock. There are so many wonderful work & great talents. Thank you for promoting Etsy again Bella.

Michelle said...

Wow, these are some really cute items. Love the Valentines soap. Thanks for sharing and stopping by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails