Tuesday, January 13, 2009

HomeGoods Christmas & Winter Clearance

Hi there,



Yesterday was my little guy's FIRST day back to preschool after the holiday break. So, I was really in need of some retail therapy!



I decided to take a trip to HomeGoods and wow, am I ever glad that I did! All of their Christmas and Hanukkah decor was marked way down and many other items throughout the store, as well. You kind of had to look everywhere, but I actually like it better that way, it's all about the hunt!



Here is what I bought:



A winter topiary, original price was $16.99, marked down to $3:








This is a rustic barn star ornament, pretty good size, too. I am sure I can use this year-round, too, if I want to. Original price: $5.99, marked down to $1.







A cute & glittery Merry Christmas sign, originally $5.99, marked down to $1.






This really funky, yet pretty ornament, I don't know what the originally price was, but I got it for $.70, better than a garage sale or Dollar Store ;)









And finally, see the soft, sage green bath towel that the ornament is resting on? It is Egyptian Cotton and so, so soft and I got that for $3, wow!



The best thing was I had a gift card, so I didn't pay anything for my new loot!



So, if you have a HomeGoods (or TJMaxx or Marshall's, since they are all the same company), you might want to swing by and check out their clearance aisles. Let me know what you find!



And don't forget, I will be posting a giveaway this week, too, can't wait!




ttfn,

28 comments:

Darlene said...

I went to a HomeGoods for the first time on Saturday. I didn't end up buying any Christmas clearance but did buy a couple of other things...a post coming up. It took us about two hours to get to it but I think it is my new favorite store!!! I LOVED IT!!

Femin said...


LOL !!!

Kim Layton said...

Wow! What great finds! Your making me want to skip taking my son to violin and go shopping instead!!! :-)

Marie said...

Great finds! I was at Home Goods the weekend after new years... I didn't buy anything! See? Sometimes I shop without spending money! :o)

Carrie said...

Great finds love the barn star!

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Great new finds - love that store!

Duni said...

Love the star decoration...I have the same in red!

siteseer said...

wow you really did find some finds. I go into a store and am just overwhelmed by all the glitz and lights. Wish I could search out the great finds.

niartist said...

YAY! So exciting to hear about good deals!!! And especially good looking ones! Happy Tuesday!

B Boys Mom said...

What great finds! I love our new HomeGoods store. Have you gone to Hobby Lobby? There is on in Lansing and Flint! A friend took me and I can't wait to go back.

Sincerely Yours said...

Hi Bella! Learned something new: HG, Marsh and TJM all same company! Now I need to go to HomeGoods; haven't been in a while and am having withdrawals!!!lol Great Bargains - can't beat free!!! Have a great night - Jeannette

Rachael said...

I'm a Home Goods Junkie! I go about once a week...I was there last Wednesday and am going back tomorrow :-)

You have to go often to catch all the cool stuff they have...I bought beautiful cannisters and a set of three topiaries last week!
I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring :-)

I need to check the Christmas aisles too!!

Elizabeth said...

OK, I'm there tomorrow, first thing! I just got a bunch of bargains at Michael's craft store, and two of them were similar stars, but mine areraised on both sides, so they don't hang well on a wall. I'm going to make them into tassels.

linda said...

Oh man...I was going to stop at Home Goods on Sunday when we were out of town but decided to skip it due to the bad weather. Now I could kick myself!

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Bella; Looks like you hit the jack pot. You found some really great looking pretties. I love the hunt too. lol

Have a great week.
Hugs
Alaura

tardevil said...

Wow, I went Sat. and the only thing that mine had that you got was the ornament....and it was $2! Love the topiary!

Needful Things said...

Stop you are killing me.
I went to my first Home Goods in Chattanogga Tenn. this past holiday and could only weep that we don't have one here in the deep south. You racked up! Good Girl
XOXO Kathy

justabeachkat said...

Wow! You did good girl.

Hugs!
Kat

Wanda said...

Hi Bella, You really did well. I love finding bargains like that. Have a great Wednesday!

Terri and Bob said...

I didn't know they were all the same company! We have TJ Maxx in our neck of the woods!

Sandy Toes said...

Just seeing the word "home goods" makes me want to go out and buy something from there..LOVE THAT STORE!
-sandy toe

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I was already thinking about heading up to TJ Maxx today, so now I just HAVE to! Great bargains! :)
Carrie

rkdsign88 said...

Wow those are beautiful & very very good deal.

DebraK from ~the Bunnies Bungalow~ said...

No Home goods near here :(. You scored some great deals. WOW, take care, DebraK

Karen said...

You did great! If we weren't in the middle of a snow storm, I would be heading to TJ Maxx.

A Bay Horse said...

I was traveling last weekend and made my husband stop at a Home Goods. We don't have one here. I got a ton of holiday decor for under $100.

Great stuff. I love your new star.

Katelin said...

homegoods is awesome, i love that store.

The Blue Ridge Gal said...

We no longer live near a Home Goods store.... I really miss having one close by. Great stuff.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Related Posts with Thumbnails