Monday, January 12, 2009

Hearty Beef Enchiladas Recipe

Hearty Beef Enchiladas Recipe





(These are sooooo good! Make sure to fry the tortillas in oil, it only takes a few minutes and really makes the taste pop! Yet another low-fat recipe, courtesy of Bella, lol! PS: I love "Sam's Choice" medium salsa available at Walmart or Sam's Club, love the La Victoria products, too.)




Hearty Beef Enchiladas - Taste of Home - Test Kitchen Favorites 2004



My husband loves his food extra-cheesy, so I can never put too much cheese over the top of these enchiladas! You can set out small bowls of diced onions and tomatoes so folks can add their own garnishes. —Joylyn Trickel



Ingredients:



1 pound ground beef

1 medium onion

1 can (15-1/2 ounces) chili beans, undrained

1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided

1/2 cup salsa, divided

Vegetable oil

7 corn or flour tortillas (8 inches)

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives



Directions:



In a large saucepan, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, 2/3 cup enchilada sauce and 2 tablespoons salsa; set aside.


In a skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Dip each tortilla in hot oil for 3 seconds on each side or just until limp; drain on paper towels.


Top each tortilla with 2/3 cup beef mixture. Roll up and place seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce and salsa. Sprinkle with cheese and olives.



Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.



Yield: 7 enchiladas







ttfn,




PS: I have a couple of really nice giveaways coming up -- Valentine's Day themed -- so make sure to check back this week for more info!

PPS: I just added this recipe to The Tasty Tuesday Party at Forever...Whenever blog! If you have a recipe you would like to share, go on over and share it, thanks!

14 comments:

B Boys Mom said...

Yummy!

siteseer said...

Those look delicious

Rachael said...

Those look sooooo.... good! I love Mexican food...this will be a new recipe for me :-)

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Bella--
We love enchiladas, so I've been looking for an enchilada recipe that looked easy enough that even I could tackle it. Ha. I think this might just fit the bill. Thanks!! :-)

Kim Layton said...

This is beautiful and I'm sure it tastes great! Thanks for sharing! I hope you can bring it over to Tasty Tuesday!

justabeachkat said...

Those look and sound delish!

Hugs!
Kat

Cassie said...

Ugh, those look so good!!!

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

These look great Bella, and not too hard to make!

Diane

Wanda said...

I'm so glad to see this recipe. I love enchiladas and just asked a friend in Arizona if he would ask his wife for her recipe for them.
Thanks for sharing this recipe and having the mental telepathy. ;-) LOL

Terri and Bob said...

Thank you! Sounds like something I could serve to my girlfriends or at the super bowl!

annulla said...

Oh, that looks wonderful. I know it isn't the healthiest way to eat, but I'm a sucker for extra-cheesey, too.


Blather From Brooklyn

Kim Layton said...

Thanks for coming over to our first Tasty Tuesday! This recipe seems easy and it looks great! I'll try it and let you know how it turns out! There are major cheese lovers around my house! :-)
Thanks for sharing!

Penny said...

I made the dish last nite and it was very good. I did 4 the tortilla's in oil as suggested, and then did the other 3 plain. My DH & I both agreed that cooking in oil wasn't worth the extra calories. In fact, it was hard to tell the difference. Maybe we already had high fat tortilla's! LOL Anyway, the recipe is a keeper. Thank you so much for sharing!

salpetitt said...

Thanks for the recipe! It looks like something I can handle- I'm gonna try it!~Sherri

Related Posts with Thumbnails