Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Easy Chicken Cacciatore Recipe (That the kids will eat)



Easy Chicken Cacciatore Recipe (That the kids will eat)




Photo: Howstuffworks.com

I got this recipe well over 10 years ago from a free local newspaper, it is so easy to make, and everyone in our family eats it, including our picky eaters:





1 Tb Olive Oil


6 Chicken Drumsticks


1 15 oz can of Tomato Sauce


1 envelope package of Good Seasonings Italian Seasoning (Generic is fine)


1 16 oz package of Farfalle pasta (Bowties)





Brown chicken pieces in oil. Add Tomato Sauce and Italian Seasoning. Cover. Simmer for an hour, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.





Cook pasta according to directions on box.Toss cooked ingredients in a pasta serving dish, add Parmesan or Romano cheese, enjoy.





Note: make sure not to cook this on high heat or it will burn, low/medium works great. And even though it does not look like a lot of sauce, it really is enough. In fact, the original recipe called for an even smaller can of tomato sauce, but that was not enough for us. You could even try this with 1/2 packet of the seasoning, but we like it full force, lol, so I use a whole packet.





Also: You can use any chicken pieces that you like, but I like to use the drumsticks, even though I only eat white meat because it is what the guys in my house like the best, plus I can get a package of them on sale for around $1, but sometimes I do add one chicken breast in there for me. You can also use any pasta that you like, we are just used to the bowties with this recipe since I always make it this way.





If you would like to see more tasty recipes, head on over to Kim's blog, Forever...Wherever for Tasty Tuesday!
























ttfn,

10 comments:

Carrie said...

What a good sounding recipe! And easy to boot! Thanks

Pretty Organizer said...

Mmm.... I love new recipes... just have to get that darn chicken out of the freezer. All my good intentions for dinner prep are halted by my lack of foresight to take the meat out of the freezer! Pancakes for dinner are an all too often staple at our house! Did I just admit that?!?!?!?! Oh goodness... no dignity anymore!

Kristen said...

I just made a copy of the recipe. I have a big package of drumsticks in my freezer and was just wondering this afternoon what to do with them...Thank you for solving my dilemna!

MySweetThree said...

This recipe sounds really yummy, I will try it, thanks!

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Bella...you rock! I think I want to come to your house for dinner! You always have great recipes! This sounds so much easier than the recipe I use from an Emeril cookbook! Thanks for joining the party!
-Kim

Lynn said...

This sounds really tasty. Don't you love it when you find a recipe the whole family will eat?!

Terri and Bob said...

Sounds yummy! I am going to pass this on to my daughter. She is really into Italian food and this sounds like something she'd love!

Mokona said...

Wow, quick and easy... and it sounds delicious! Thanks, I will definitely be trying this one out soon :)

Susan S. said...

Sounds yummy....and what kiddo doesn't like Chicken legs and pasta!

PS: Love you blog background....really pretty!

vintagewindow said...

Thanks for the recipe. I'm always looking for easy to make meals.
I'm adding this to my recipe list.

Happy Hump Day

Kris

Related Posts with Thumbnails