Saturday, January 3, 2009

Asian Cole Slaw Recipe


Here is an easy & delicious recipe for Asian Cole Slaw or Oriental Salad that I got from my friend, Lisa several years ago. It's good all by itself or as a side. You can even throw in some chicken breast for a complete meal. Enjoy!




Asian Cole Slaw/Oriental Salad Recipe

Photo Courtesy of RecipeTips.com


1 bag prepared coleslaw mix (Dole or other)

4 scallions, chopped (I use my home grown chives in the summer)

3 oz. chicken flavored Raman noodles--crushed up-- Reserve Chicken Flavor Packet for Dressing (I slide the bag open at one end, take out the seasoning packet, then bang the noodles up with the back end of a butter knife until they are crushed up pretty well).


Mix above and chill


Dressing:



1/2 cup canola oil

3 TBS sugar

3 TBS rice vinegar

1 Chicken flavor packet from noodles

Splash of soy sauce



Mix dressing and refrigerate



Nuts & Seeds:



1/2 cup toasted almonds--slivered
3 TBS toasted sesame seeds (Buy these in the Ethnic Food aisle of your grocery store, much cheaper than the Spice Aisle).

Add nuts & seeds at last minute



Toss all above and Serve--2 hours ahead is good.



ttfn,

12 comments:

Bonnie said...

I have loved this one for years. It is so great, isn't it1

Chris said...

This sounds good Bella, I'll copy it into my Blogland folder. Thanks for posting it.


Hugs,
Chris

Rachael said...

Yummy...and it looks fairly healthy too! I will have to make this for dinner with some chicken breast! Thanks for sharing :-)

Gollum said...

I've always wanted this recipe--thanks so much. And Happy New Year!

Susan S. said...

Sounds delish! I have everything in my pantry but the Ramen noodles. I'm going to put them on my grocery list and make this!

Happy New Year!

Wanda said...

Hi Bella, This sounds really good.

Thanks for showing my widget on your blog. I really do appreciate it. I'm sure there was more traffic coming through because of it.
Take care and have a great week!
Wanda

Rachel and Jacob said...

oh im so hungry for this!!!!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Yum - this is one of my favorites!

Duni said...

I love cole slaw, Asian or otherwise. My mom does the German version. They're all yummy!

And I wanted to let you know I've nominated you for an award!
Please visit my blog at
http://lovelypurses.blogspot.com

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Sounds great! Thanks for the new dish for 2009!
Hugs,Sherry

judicreations said...

Hi Bella
I just slipped over from your other blog. I love this recipe!
Yum. I may have tried it at a recent get together but now I can give it a try myself.
thank you for sharing and stop by sometime
Judi

Handmade Housewife... said...

Oh my gosh this stuff is totally addictive! I've made this for several years now, always in the summer for some reason, and it's a hit every time. We call it Chinese Cole Slaw and it feeds a ton of people.

-Hayley

Related Posts with Thumbnails