Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Run, Run Rudolf...To Lowe's!!! Especially if you have a BOY!

I just got back from Lowe's and look at this COOL Harley Davidson Motorcycle Lamp that I got for my 4 year old son...he absolutely loves it, so do I!



The best part? It was only $14.98!!! How cheap is that? And it's sharp, too, here, take a look...











Lights On...love the shade, too...















Close up of the motorcycle, it's pretty detailed...













It has a regular light switch and a night light switch. For the night lights, the head light will light up, along with the back lights and then the orange light that goes around the perimeter of the bottom...











The lampshade alone is pretty darn cool, yes, you can tell I'm a Detroit gal!







What I like, too, is that it works for any age...for now, it is in a 4 year old's room...but I can definitely see this being in his room for years to come (heck, my older son likes it and Dad, too!)



And of course, Robert!


I also took a look around and all of their Christmas decor was 50% off and there was still so much on the shelves.


And then you know how they have little decor vignettes all over the store now? Well all of those items are 25% off until 12/24. They have really nice decor items now, but I was good and just got the lamp.


But...we might be going back today or tomorrow anyway, because my soon to be 14 year old wants a motorcycle lamp, too! I didn't think he would want one...oh who am I kidding...I knew he would, but it doesn't MATCH his green & brown decor, so that's why I didn't get one for him, but now that Mom guilt is sinking in, so yes, he's going to have one, too.


ttfn,

Motorcycle Mama ;)
PS: I forgot the best part! When you turn it on, it makes the sound of a motorcycle starting up! You can turn the sound off though if you want, but why would you want to do that? ;)

15 comments:

Fidget said...

ooo awesome find! I may have to brave the crowds b.c Levi would totally dig it

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh so cute!

PS. Thanks for the heads up about problems accessing my site. I have now fixed the glitch.

squawmama said...

I called my daughter right away and sent her to look at it.... She has 4 boys... 3 year old twind, 7, & 11.... it would be great for any of them... Thank you soooooo much.

Merry Christmas
(((HUGS)))
Donna

BeadedTail said...

What a great lamp! I'm sure there are big boys out there who would love that too!

Tootsie said...

just stopped by to say Merry Christmas!

Sarah @ ThriftyDecorChick said...

I love the nightlight part of it! I love Lowes!! AHH!

jenjen said...

That lamp is so cute. I am going to tell my friend about it that has 2 little boys. Thanks for the tip. Your blog is very cute!

Jen

Picket said...

Great Lamp & great price...the sound would be the greatest thing to my kids! lol Merry Christmas to you & yours dear friend and May this coming New Year be your best so far!

joel said...

Love the lamp! Happy holidays to you and your family.

Laurie B. said...

Totally dig it! Bright blessings...oh, and check out the lampshade I just finished making today! With gratitude, Laurie B. (Happy Holidays!)

Nancy said...

Wow, that is a great price and great lamp. I used to ride a Harley so I know the love you can feel for a motorcycle. Thanks for your lovely comment on my indie sista's blog.

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Enjoy, peace.

Pam said...

Neato! I;ve enjoyed perusing your blog and older posts tonight. I'll be back!

KarenB said...

Oh my goodness, my 52 year old husband would love that. I think he needs to stick with his big Harley. It's so cute, the lamp, I mean. ;-)

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Cute lamp! I haven't been brave enough to go out in the traffic today to shop. LOL Did you get that second lamp...hope so!

I've never checked out stumble upon before. Will you post a link or the recipe? Not sure how that site works.
Susan

Julie Northrop said...

That is one cool lamp! We have a Suns basketball lamp in my DS's room, but it pales in comparison to this sweet riding lamp! What a great deal too! Congrats!

Julie N - www.freebirthdaytreatsblog.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails