Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"Oscar The Pig, Mommy Goes To Work" (A Children's Book Review)




I was so honored to be able to receive this book free, from the wonderful author, Megan Calhoun, in the mail last week. I wanted to review this book, because, when my little guy, Robert, who's 4, starts the 1st grade in a couple of years, I do plan to return to work...so I thought this would be a perfect introduction into what that would be like for him (and me!). And, actually with the economy the way it is, I may have to try to find work even sooner than that...so, perfect timing, thanks Megan!

Now, on to the book...it is titled, "
Oscar the Pig: Mommy Goes to Work" and first off, Oscar is adorable, as are all of the characters in this book. Oscar is a little nervous because his mommy is going back to work and he will be staying at home with a new babysitter, a hen, Mrs. Tutu. Oh, and that is another fun thing about this book...the names of the characters are just so whimsical!

Oscar ends up having the best time with his imaginative babysitter and even learns some words in Chinese with his friend, Chow Chow. My son just loves to say Chow Chow (the panda bear's) name...it is fun to say, don't you think? In fact, the first night we read this book, Robert took it to bed with him that night and 'read' it by himself and it was really cute, too, because he kept calling to me and asking me what all of the characters' names were. He was really interested in this book and still is, it's his new favorite book!

This book was even fun for me...because there is one line in it that is HILARIOUS! It's sort of like an adult joke within a children's book, sort of like how Sesame Street does...I won't spoil the line for you though, you will just have to read it for yourself to find out what it is.


Oscar the Pig, Mommy goes to work, receives an "A+" from us and has high ratings at Amazon.com, as well.


Thanks again Megan, we really love your book!


ttfn,

Bella & Robert




Megan Calhoun is a children's book author and the founder of Twittermoms, a social networking site for mothers who use Twitter.



Related Links & Term Recommendations:


Silly String Media (http://www.sillystringmedia.com)


Twittermoms.com, a social networking and community site for moms (http://www.twittermoms.com)






Separation anxiety (http://www.oscarthepig.com)



9 comments:

squawmama said...

Hey Bella... Sounds like a truly wonderful children’s book... I am going to pass this information over to my daughter who has 3 years old twin boys.... Thanks for the review... Have a great Wednesday...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

the wreath witch said...

I understand separation anxiety

KarenB said...

Hey Bella, Thanks for visiting again. After your comment I noticed that I have SEVERAL bowls of ornaments. And, I didn't even show you all of them. Oops. :-)

nikkicrumpet said...

sounds like a really cute book...but alas no wee ones to read it too :(

Michelle said...

How nice, I love a good children's book.

Jen r. said...

That sounds like a great book!

Laurie B. said...

I love your blog and all of your topics! I'm so glad I'm a "follower" of your blog. With gratitude, Laurie B.

jenniferadams said...

OH my goodness! I was not familar with this book and am a huge children's lit fan! I'm off to find now :) Thanks for sharing. I'm a working mom & teach my daughter that every family is different and that it is ok for moms to work & that we are blessed that I am able to work!

Picket said...

Morning girl...what a great book review! My little grandkids love to read...Sofie is 3 and she would love this book! Hope you are having a great week girl and that you have an even greater weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails