Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sandals & Daisies, Color Outside The Lines & Hooked On Houses, Oh My!

I had a really nice day today, spent it with my husband and little guy and then when our older son came home from school we went out to dinner...had a gift card that I had saved for awhile to The Olive Garden...yum! :)




I've also had a wonderful week in blogville!!! Well, what week is not a great week in blogville, I say...but exceptionally great this week.


First, I received my prize from Angie at Sandals & Daisies...look at all of this uber cute loot:


That cute sign is already in my laundry room and I had to burn the candle right away, isn't it pretty?



Thanks, Angie!!! PS: Are those buckeyes that you sent me??? Cool!!! :)

But wait, there's more from Angie...she also has a blog, The Pink Hutch, where she sells things and I bought this whimsical lectern...I just love it! I have a plan for it and will be blogging about it soon, I'm sure. Aren't the cards and rose paper so beautiful, Angie, you are so sweet!!!





Then, Artie from Color Outside The Lines let me know that I was one of the 10 Finalists in his Calico Corners contest! The voting has begun, and I hope you will take the time to visit his site and vote for YOUR favorite, even if it's not me...and make sure to peruse his site...he is a fine home interior designer and he also has a love of gardens and best of all, he does it with wit, I just love, love, love his blog!!! You will, too :) Thanks again, Artie!!!

And last but not least...one of my favorite bloggers, Julia from Hooked on Houses awarded me with her new award...how cool is that!!! Her husband designed it just for her and I am proud to display this on my site...thanks so much, Julia, I'm honored!



Julia asks that this award be passed on to 5 other bloggers...and this is of course a very hard decision...so, I went to her Fantasy Open House...and chose 5 people from that party...since I know that they are Hooked on Houses, too...here they are in alphabetical order:


1. Ramona from A Day In The Life Of Ramona Do you love roosters and pillows? Then you must visit Ramona's lovely blog...but even if you don't have a thing for roosters and pillows, you must still pop over to Ramona's blog...she has the most welcoming home I have ever seen, if I hit the lotto, I would make her multiple offers on her home until she finally caved in and sold it to me;)

2. Diane from A Picture Is Worth 1,000 Words . We all love Diane in blogland, don't we? She is one of the most kindest and creative people out here and I always smile whenever I see that she has very kindly left me a comment, which she is so good about doing, thanks, Diane!!! And make sure to see her Fall display in her home, it's so pretty!!!

3. Rhoda from Southern Hospitality . Rhoda is an interior designer with so much talent and style! I wish she could come to my house and re-design any room she'd like, wouldn't that be cool??? She also is the queen of bargains at yard sales! She finds the most beautiful things for such low prices! Remember her little bunny with the aqua bowl or her Damask bedding for her guestroom? I love to read her blog just to see what goodies she has got at her latest yard sale adventure.

4. Brandee at The Berry's Patch. Her home is gorgeous and she is another talented lady...just check out her Pumpkin Project from September 2, GORGEOUS!!!

5. Marie from Watch The Wind Blow By . Marie is another crafty gal in blogland...and right now she is working on her son's bedroom and it already looks stunning so I can't wait to see the finished project. Make sure to also check out her Halloween decor, I am telling you, she another one of those bloggers that everyone loves to copy...so go on, go on, go visit her and copy your little heart out, you'll be glad you did :)

I hope you will pass this award on to 5 of your favorite bloggers, but I am not going to hold you to it, I am just glad to be able to pass it along to you fine ladies!!!

Phew! What a long post for me, lol, and so few pics...not my style at all....I'm so visual ;)

I will be back to my short and to the point self next time!


Bella

PS: Do you need a blog makeover ? Enter my contest here!

18 comments:

Hooked on Houses said...

Great blog picks, Bella! They're all favorites of mine, too. -Julia :-)

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Hi Bella,
I just surfed in here from Google Reader....and am so surprised! Thanks so much for the beautiful award! I really appreciate you and your sweet comments too!
Diane

Jen r. said...

Congrats! What a great week and you so deserve the award!

Ramona said...

Bella, Bella, Bella you sweet gal! I just stopped by for my evening visit to your great blog and oh my good golly ~ what a surprise! Thank you for the award and right back at you sister! I am speechless and then some! You know that I am hooked on your blog~ola too!

Smiles ~ Ramona

Jan and Tom's Place said...

Boy...you sure had alot to say!!! Congrats on the award!!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Darlene said...

Hi Bella,
Cute, cute prizes and congrats on your award!!

The Berry's Patch said...

Your so sweet. Thank you so much! You have given me so much inspiration on my fall decorations. I love your blog too. :-)

Justine said...

Wooooo hooooooooooo! Congrats on the award, and making Artie's final 10!!!!!!! You go girl, and good luck!

Justine :o )

Jen@The Cottage Nest said...

You hit the motherload! Yay for you on the award!

Jan and Tom's Place said...

Hi Bella,

Please stop in at my blog...there is an award waiting for you!!

Jan

Marie said...

THANK YOU BELLA!! Everyone you picked (with the exception of ME..haha) are already in my blog roll. I love each and everyone of them. Great gifts from Angie... I didn't know she had another blog! Am I living under a rock?

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Bella! Just checking in via bloglines & saw that you have given me this award (from Julia). Love Julia...she's great! So thank you SO much for including me in your 5 picks. I'm SO honored, you're a sweetie.

I'm so bad about passing on these awards, but I will add it to the bottom of my blog with all the other awards I've gotten. I appreciate each & every one, even if I'm a rebel & don't like to pass them on.

Thanks again!
Rhoda

Rue said...

Hi Bella :)

Congratulations! You were a lucky gal this week ;)

rue

Amy from Texas said...

Congrats on the award! I didn't know we were supposed to pass it on to 5 other people. That will be hard. I like your idea! Great blog... I'm loving all your info.

-Amy

Deb said...

Mmm! I love Olive Garden, I could just each a huge bowl of their salad all by myself. Congratulations on your award, it's really cute! Deb

Angie said...

Hi Bella,

Congrats on your award...and for making Artie's top picks...you deserve it. I am glad you got everything so quick..and you are very welcome....I appreciate your mentioning my selling blog, too. Have a nice weekend!

~Angie

Busy Mama said...

Wow! You did have a great week! Congrats!

Would you be interested in a link exchange with my newest blog? It sure could use a little link-love to get up and running and your blog seems to be a somewhat similar niche.

http://winemaiden.com

Annmarie said...

I love your blog. Can you come decorate my house??? lol :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails