Friday, August 15, 2008

Garage Sale Finds...Hitting The Motherload With Their Mother

I took my boys garage saling today and we had so much fun, it really is cheap entertainment for the whole family, don't you think?

Ugly pics, first, lol...this is some sort of hammered brass container, some really nice, heavy brass sconces and look, I found ANOTHER one of those bucket things, this one is purple and you know I am painting that! I got all of this for a quarter, yes, a quarter! The brass items came from a lady who was GIVING everything away...now, I have seen "Free Boxes" at garage sales, but I have never seen a GIVEAWAY garage sale, wow! (Oh, the purple thing costs $.25 at a different garage sale, I think I got ripped off, lol!)



I also got some pretty yellow cloth napkins, 2 old Electronic/Electrician books (my dh is an electrician) and a vacuum cleaner...for my 4 year old...both of my boys are fascinated by vacuums, my 13 year old can tell you all about Dysons and even all about Mr. Dyson himself, too funny :)

I wish I had brought my camera, because we had to walk down a LONG HILL to get to the car and my 4 year old would not let anyone help him with the vacuum, too cute!

OK...grab your sunglasses because the next pic is going to be BRIGHT! And FUCHSIA, yes, FUCHSIA...I'm so sorry...



I paid $1 for each of these, at different garage sales...and I need these for our faux fireplace in the basement...what a project our basement will be, can't wait to post a WWYD post about it soon :)

OK, now on to my $1 Store Garage Sale...this lady had NICE stuff and EVERYTHING was $1...even the Spiderman I-Dog that my 13 year old bought, wow! Make sure to click on this pic, to see the items better...those black damask things are Brighton heart shaped tins...you know where they're going, straight to our bedroom!



(Oh, the little picture with the cupola was from another garage sale, also only a $1...it goes so well with that black birdcage candle holder, love how that worked out! I also LOVE the clock, it is marked Hill Street PTO 2001 and it WORKS, so sweet!)

These are COASTERS, you put PICTURES in them...how neat is that, especially for $1:



Then I went Christmas shopping! Look at those RED GENUINE LEATHER JINGLE BELL NAPKIN RINGS!!! Aren't they fun, only a $1, wow! 3 cute little crystal-like trees, an ornament lidded bowl, a sled that I can get creative with and the NOEL blocks candle holder which I just fell in love with...got everything for a great price, too!



The Jingle Bell napkin holders deserve a close-up:



I am getting addicted to garage saling again, lol. Which is not good because the season is almost over...and we really don't have alot of them out here where I live, but so far, so good, so I'll keep plugging along!

In 2003, my dh was working in Kokomo, IN and our older son and I would hit the garage sales all of the time there for something to do, it was alot of fun. That was before DS2 came along, so now it is fun to take him along...he thinks it's Christmas all over again! lol

If anyone has any suggestions about the brass container, I would love to hear them, thanks!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Bella
(haha, look at the address of this blog post, silly blogger.com!, ya'd think they would not allow that to happen, oh well, I'm a mom and therefore that word no longer scares me;)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

19 comments:

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Hi Bella,
You found lots of nice things! I've started going to them again...because of blogging and seeing what others have found.
I love the coasters! I have thought about buying some of those myself.
Have a great day,
Diane

Wendy said...

Great finds!!! You could paint the bucket if you don't like the brass look. Garage saling is addicting!!! Have a great weekend!!~Wendy

Angie said...

Hey Bella!

LOL @ the browser name...that is too funny!!!! I love the napkin holders..those are adorable. We went to a few garage sales today, too..on our way into town...I have to say, it was not a good day around here..lots of junk...and not the good junk..hehe! I have hope for tomorrow though..hitting the flea market with my daughter!

~Angie

p.s. that brass container would look wonderful painted black! it would look great with some rolled towels in it! Or, maybe for toilet paper rolls?

The Berry's Patch said...

Hahaha! The post link is too funny! You found some great stuff. Our garage sales are just about to start. As soon as the weather gets better anyway.

I have to tell you a funny story. My middle son when he was 3 or 4 was obsessed with vacuums. He would clip out pictures of vacuums from the Sunday paper and collect them in his backpack. It was so funny when he would ask for his vacuum pictures. We laughed about that for years.:-)

linda said...

I'm really lovin' the jingle bell napkin rings. What great finds. I need to go garage saling soon!

Amy said...

I love the bucket! You know what I would do with it? I'd plant a daisy or some other plant in it :-)

Joy said...

Oh my goodness girl, you really did hit the mother load! You know what I'd do with the brass bucket---prime and paint! Then when fall comes I'd fill the it with crumbled up newspaper and then top it with pumpkins and place it on my front porch.

Kitty Scraps said...

Wowser Bella, you really did hit the motherload! I heart your black and white plates, sweet! Those will look great in your Master.

Michelle said...

Wow, you got some amazing deals! I love the Christmas items and the bird cage. My oldest son had a thing for vaccums as well, I think that is a boy thing. I can't wait to see what you do with these things. Take care and have a great weekend.

Michelle

Screaming Meme said...

How fun! Can I come? I loved your finds...Screaming Meme

Marie said...

Great yard sale finds! I haven't been yard saling in months. I had a few weeks of finding nothing good so I gave it up. lol You may have inspired me to give it another go!

countrygirl3031 said...

Hi Bella...girl, you hit the mother load at those sales!! Wow! I love the crystal trees..well, I love anything Christmas!

Hugz,
Michele

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Bella, so happy you got out there & found some treasures! I know how addicting it is. Luckily, we have some great sales in the fall here, so they will just be gearing up in Sept.

Rhoda

the wreath witch said...

good work bella ..lots of good finds...you can clean the brass.. or just leave it ..and put logs in it by the f-fireplace or use it to stack magazines in your LR or put a silk tree in it ..or place a piece of glass on the top and have a side table. leave by the front door to put wet boots and shoes in. I like the light color on the smaller container it would look great on your dining table filled with fresh flowers place a tall glass inside so it won't rust. it's always a good time to pick up Christmas items at a great price....

Darlene said...

Bella,
You really did hit the motherlode!! GREAT finds and I just love to go garage saling!! It's the shopping without spending much...love it!!

Tara said...

Love your finds! You found some great deals. I hear you on loving garage sales! I have been an adict for a couple years now and my heart breaks win sale season is over!

Dawn Gahan said...

Bella, the highlight for me of your stash are the leather and jingle bell napkin rings. Who makes them? (I enlarged the picture but couldn't make it out.)

Dawn

P.S. Yes, would love the recipe for the maple chicken! I adore slow cookers and have amassed many good recipes. Perhaps you can share some on your blog. I'm always up for more ideas!

Ms. Tee said...

Oh, wow! I want to come yard sale-ing with you!! We just don't have very many good ones where I live. I used to go with my mom when I was a kid, and we'd find all sorts of treasures. I really like the picture you found that matches the candleholder. ;)

very very blessed said...

Looks like you found some great deals. I love a good garage sale.

Related Posts with Thumbnails