Thursday, August 14, 2008

Framed Kids' Art

I bought this frame at a garage sale last week for a quarter...it's made in India and I think it's kind of nicely made and they were probably getting rid of it because the thingee for displaying it was broken...I just nailed in one of those wall hanging brackets and voila! fixed...



Then, my little guy painted this lovely piece of art for me this week and I thought to myself that it might look nice in my new aqua master bath...



In the meantime, I was also painting this little lovely, "Relax" sign from Michael's...really didn't know what I was going to do with it, but just knew I liked the color (Carribean, in the craft paint aisle)...and the message...



And then, I brainstormed and this all came together, I love it, it's simple, but just the right touch...plus it was all handmade and/or repaired by hand, so it was also a little labor of love...

First pic, with flash, shows color of walls truer for some reason:




Second pic, no flash, pics always look better with the flash off, I never knew that til I started blogging!





Can't leave out my oldest, I have posted this before, but I love this little duckie that he made...I also have a little magnet with this on it and blank greeting cards...



And last but not least, one of the big kids' projects (mine, lol)...this is our family's Monogram...it probably looks alot like the other one I posted, but this one is actually brown and ivory damask paper with craft paint, the color is Pear...it's not as glossy as the spray paint I used on the first project...



I am also still working on gifts and have received my things from etsy.com for the upcoming bday party, but will have to wait to post since they are gifts and I want them to be surprises...oh speaking of surprises...look what some kind stranger sent me today...



I had posted on a message board that I wanted to learn how to knit, and she had my address because she had already very kindly sent me some Tiger Lily flower seeds...so she went and sent me some ooooh-la-la yarn and directions for making a boa scarf...how sweet was that??? That card and envelope are tooo cute, too! I love the Internet!

ttfn,
Bella

Stumble Upon Toolbar

22 comments:

Pleasant Drive said...

You are so crafty! Cute ideas!

Joy said...

Look at you being busy with cute project after cute project!

Mrs. Trixi said...

I love your children's art and that you are displaying it!!
Blessings,
Trixi

KarenB said...

Just so you know, knitting is addictive. I have a couple of projects on my other blog at heliumhand.blogspot.com. And, I didn't even pick that chandelier because it was your name and birthstone! Go figure, how great is that? Before I order it I have to find out the price. Details.
Karen B.

Christy said...

Your "D" looks great! Where did you find the big letter?

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!

Cameo said...

That is so cool that you put up your kids pictures. I bet they love that. I may have to do the 5 min project. Everyone else will have one but me.

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

The art work is great...and the aqua bath sounds like the perfect place to put it!
Diane

Kim's Treasures said...

Very nice! Love how you put the "relax" above your son's artwork! It's very nice to meet you too! You have a cute blog!
Kim

abeachcottage said...

love the relax and the kids art, you've done a great job, the piles of artwork never seem to get anywhere here!

good luck with the knitting, very therapeutic but I never seem to have the time

The Berry's Patch said...

Hi Bella,

That relax picture turned out great! Great idea to frame it for you little guy. You are so crafty!

Ms. Tee said...

I love the results of your brainstorming session! Beautiful - all of it! :)

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Wow very cool. I love your child's art...so sweet. You did good with JOy's project too. cherry

Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam said...

Isn't it so much fun what you can do with a dollar. YEA for you!

Bella's momma said...

This is a wonderful idea. Good job!!!

Darlene said...

Bella,
You are out-crafting me (of course, that is not hard)..lol You are becoming quite the crafty diva...love the artwork with the relax sign. That is just the perfect spot!!

And the D is just perfect!!

Scooterblu's Whimsy said...

How cute...creativity runs in the family! Everything looks great! :)

Hugs, Rhonda

Justine said...

Bella, I love the way your little project turned out! It's a masterpiece!

Justine :o )

Handmade Housewife... said...

I love the artwork in your bathroom. That's a fabulous idea! What a great way to have inexpensive art with a priceless meaning :) And it flows so well with your theme. What a fantastic idea!

-Hayley

Tricia Anne said...

I have such a soft spot for children's art work! I adore yours! I was in Hobby Lobby today (I never go because it is over an hour from me ...I live in the sticks!) and had the paper and board in hand, but chickened out! :o) I have the letters painted, just need to go for it with the paper and board! Your initial is so cute!
What a kind gift you received. How generous.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Blissful Nikki said...

Oh, I love all your projects, but the finger paint and "relax" is AWESOME!!! Great job!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Love it! There is no greater or more personal art than that made by your child.

Rae said...

Hi Bella! LO-OVE these projects! So fun! I too am a HUGE fan of framing kid's artwork. It is original, unique and inexpensive. Your 5 minute project turned out fabulous...love the colors.

Thanks for popping by my blog...so nice to meet you. I'll be visiting again! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails