Wednesday, August 6, 2008

bella Italia! Chianalea di Scilla, Italy

I have a little dream, or perhaps it's a big one...one day I would love to retire and move to Italy! I am really drawn to Italy for some reason, probably the architecture, the food, the landscapes, the people. I picture myself living in one of those cute apartments on a cobblestone road, walking to an open air market every day to pick up a few things to make for dinner that day...drinking good wine with that dinner and taking a nice stroll afterwards with my husband, hand in hand. Isn't that a nice little dream to have?

So come with me to Chianalea di Scilla, a little fishing town that I discovered a few months ago while dreaming and surfing (on the Internet, what, me, sports? ha!)...

The ancient and exclusive sea village of Chianalea is characterized by little lanes, narrow steps and small houses on the rocks, lapped by the sea water, which sometimes reaches the front door! from: LePiccole Grotte Bed & Breakfast

These pictures are also from the LePiccole Grotte website, breath-taking!


































Check out this little Bed & Breakfast, starting at $40 US dollars a night!!! They have a nice slide show you will enjoy, too.

B&B Scilla Chianalea Calabria Italy

Or how about a guided tour of Chianalea and surrounding towns...

In Italy Tours

I hope you enjoyed the view...it is not the Italy that you usually see on TV, and that is what I really love about this town. It's rustic, romantic, authentic. I hope I get to see it in person one day, even if I don't retire there...

-Bella





20 comments:

Rue said...

Good morning Bella :)

Beautiful place! Have you ever seen the movie 'It Started in Naples'? It's an oldie, but a goodie and it reminds me a lot of this.

rue

Shelia said...

How gorgeous!! I wold love to go there. We have been to Italy 3 times and it's one of our most favorite places. Now, Bella, I know you could go into your little privte bathroom in your lovely home and snap a photo. Some of the gals have done this. No one has to know except us (we won't even tell any family members). Now you think about it, dear.
You will always be a sweetie to me,
Shelia ;)

Marie said...

BEAUTIFUL! One of these days I'll get there. I have to! I am dying to see all of Europe. I wish we'd have had the opportunity to be stationed in Italy while my husband is in the military... with his designator, it hasn't been possible! Bummer.

Sew Pink said...

This post makes me want to go to Italy. It's beautiful. Sigh! Oh well back to real life with 3 boys. Ciao!

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

Hi Bella,
We went to Italy last Dec/Jan with a group from New Orleans! It was such fun! And just as pretty as you can imagine. Also, the Italians are really nice! These pictures are awesome! Thanks for posting,
Diane

Jan and Tom's Place said...

What a beautiful B&B!! What views!! I love ITALY, too! That would be the ONE place I would travel to...

~Blessings,
Jan

Darlene said...

Bella,
Your dream to retire in Italy sounds devine....I LOVE these pictures. It is what you think of when you dream about Italy isn't it? I would love to go on a trip there.

Pleasant Drive said...

How quaint! I'd love to spend some time there.

Jan said...

Now that was the cheapest vacation I have been on in awhile. Thanks for taking me away for awhile. Loved it. I am a new woman now.

I want to go too someday.

Mrs. Trixi said...

Oh, Bella, what a dream. I don't know that I would want to live their but visit would be great!!

The Berry's Patch said...

Oh oh can I go? PLEASE!!

Susie Harris said...

Now I know we are soul sista's!!!!I would love to go there... I bought the corbels at Home Depot. They are made out of a plaster kind of stuff. The wooden ones where way to $$$$. Smile... Susie h~

Justine said...

Take me with you!!!!!!!!!!!! This little town looks amazing! Hubby just got back from a business trip to Italy. I was sooooooooooooooo jealous!

Justine :o )

Amy said...

Oh my! IT IS GORGEOUS!! I may have to add it to my dreams. I love Paris! But now you have me thinking I need to check out Italy :).

Chris said...

You and I have the exact same dream. I actually went to Italy @ 6 years ago, and it only affirmed my dream. It's spectacular. Good luck getting there!

Monkey's Momma said...

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for visiting my blog. I have really enjoyed yours. I have bookmarked you and will be adding you to my blogroll, if that is okay.

SHaBBy ViNTaGe CHiC said...

"Ciao" Bella,
LOL....
I actually used to live there, and I speak Italian although it's a little rusty these days.
Life is so much less hectic and so much more organic there, it's not uncommon to spend a good hour and a half making dinner, fast food is pretty much unheard of, and the scenery....it is truly beautiful, but I missed my family & friends soooo much so here I am back in Florida.

rivergardenstudio said...

What a lovely tour and I can see why you want to move to Italy! Thank you for visiting my blog and your lovely comment! I will be back...Roxanne

Blanca said...

I'm right there with you. I told my husband that is my dream vacation. I have a feeling if I went I wouldn't want to come back. Thanks for the tour.

Blanca

deepfriedapplepies said...

WOW Bella~ Too bad I didn't know you 15 years ago~~ I lived in Italy!! Naples, for 3 years.. and I'm there with you, I want to retire and move back! Thanks for the memories~!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails