Saturday, July 26, 2008

How To Reupholster Kitchen Chairs

(This kitchen chair reupholstery project is from a couple of months ago. My husband and I were actually going to buy a new kitchen table set because of these GROSS seats...but then we just decided to try to recover them ourselves...it only cost about $30 to do!!! I am so glad we decided to give it a try...all you need is a staple gun and fabric...so easy!! Happy Saturday!!!)

From Hideous to Beautiful - The Chair Project


Are we not the grossest chairs you have ever seen in your life?




I'm with ugly <---->No, I'm with ugly



Hello, eat the food not the chair!



These people are SLOBS!



A picture says 1,000 words...



I'm Robert's chair, bet you couldn't figure that one out...



Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



After!!! I'm a happy chair now!



The material is red and gold, with a diamond pattern, but it does not photograph all that well.



Mommy, take my picture!!!



Now, I am not embarassed to tell someone to have a seat, lol.



Does this color make my seat look big?



Just another close-up, with a little 4 year old's hand in the pic.



My kitchen is happy.



My bunny is happy.



My grapevine tree is happy.



"Laughter is the music of the Heart"

17 comments:

Beverly said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you like Pink Saturday. Please just e-mail your name and blog link if you would like to begin to participate.

Great job on your chairs.

Shelia said...

Bella, your chairs are the Belles of the ball! How lovely they look. Aren't you glad you kept them. Your little one is a doll! I'm so glad your bunny is happy - that's very important, isn't it? lol
Be a sweetie today,
Shelia :)

Vanessa Greenway said...

Wonderful makeover! Love the chairs! Nice to meet you too! I'm adding you blog to my favorites! xo Vanessa

Scooterblu's Whimsy said...

Bella, You did a wonderful job on the chairs, and the fabric is so pretty! I loved the commentary! I laughed quite a lot, with each picture! LOL! Your spiffied up (not sure that is a word! LOL!) kitchen look fantastic!!! That mirror is TDF!!! Looking good!

hugs, Rhonda :)

suesueb said...

it's really such a good feeling when you can do something over yourself! i love what you did with the frame over your sons' bed. thanks for visiting my blog and have a great pink day!!

Pleasant Drive said...

I LOVE to recover old chair seats. It's a secret hobby of mine. It's so easy, cheap, and makes a HUGE difference in the life of a chair. They look fantastic! Your house is really transforming!

Tricia Anne said...

Your chairs are darling!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Dawn Gahan said...

Applause applause for the successful and beautiful overhaul of these chairs!!!!

Dawn

justabeachkat said...

Hi Bella

Thanks so much for your visit and sweet comment earlier tonight. I'm not sure how you found me, but I'm so glad you did. I hope you'll come again...you're always welcome.

I've sure enjoyed my visit here tonight to your oh so pretty blog. Great job on the chair re-do. What a difference!

Hugs!
Kat

Marie said...

Wow you are BRAVE. I wouldn't have been able to see past the condition of those chairs. You made them look wonderful!

Sarah and Jack said...

Nice improvement.

(Kids are messy critters, arent they? LOL)

Joanne Kennedy said...

Your seats are now pretty as can be. You know if you had tossed them, someone in blogland would have snatched them up so fast. Those chairs are great. Now you know, just recover, recover, recover and you will have pretty new chairs all the time.

Hugs,
Joanne

HeathahLee said...

Oh, they look great! My dining chairs need to be recovered, too...I just have to find the perfect fabric. Everyone I've seen do it makes it look so easy!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

Kimba said...

Fantastic job on the chairs! They look brandy new!

maria said...

What a fantastic job you did on those poor ugly chairs.

Enjoying your blog.
Marie

Elise said...

Wow, those chairs look great!! I love the lines.
Elise

Kitty Scraps said...

The difference in your chairs are like night and day, they look great, good job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails