Friday, July 25, 2008

And Even Spiffier!

Ok, so maybe some of you are like me...when you get on a decorating mission, there is just no stopping you...that's me and my kitchen this week...I can't believe how pretty it is starting to look (at least to me) and we haven't even bought any paint yet! :)

Ok, I got this mirror yesterday on clearance at Michael's...I think the original price was $69.99, I paid $20.99 + the cashier gave me a 20% off coupon, what a rush! lol! Oh, try to ignore the torn wallpaper, I took off the chair rail, so I could hang the mirror...the chair rail and wallpaper are going, so I will live with it for now:



Then...I was on Susie Harris' blog yesterday and she was showing off her pretty kitchen and I just had to copy her lamp idea...now, my lamp is nothing like her shabby chic and uber cute Rooster Lamp, but it will do for now...what I love best is the lighting it gives off, I spent ALL day in the kitchen yesterday and I really think it was because of this dorky lamp and it's beautiful light that it gave off...notice I moved my Mama & Papa salt & pepper shakers over here, too:





Then...as if copying one idea of Susie's wasn't enough, I also loved her metal bowl thingee...so I found a similar one, also at Michael's, also on clearance...I had the colored balls...got those on clearance a couple of years ago at Cracker Barrel...I think it looks GREAT...but yes, I know, I know, my tablecloth is wrinkled...I have ironing issues, well, I don't even own an iron, seriously, we have no iron and that is the way I want to keep it...if my Italian cousins are reading this, I know their eyes are rolling, haha, they iron their sheets...but ok, I digress, on to the prettiness, which is this table:



Well thanks for putting up with me and my kitchen obsession this week! Also, I am leaning towards a green, black, cream color scheme for my kitchen...so if you have any ideas, please share them! I also will probably just use this rub/buff product for my hardware, so that will save boo-koo bucks. I am pretty sure I want black curtains, too, with a print. I would love to paint the cupboards either black or green. The walls, I am leaning towards the green, too. The brick? I guess, cream? They are an off-white sort of color now, but it seems to have a red base and it is just not that pretty...so they may need paint, too.

TGIF!!! :)

9 comments:

Shelia said...

I am so feeling the excitement you're having for your kitchen. I'm loving every little thing you do! Do you clean, too? Well, then come on over to my house!! LOL

Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Pleasant Drive said...

Cute! Cute! Isn't it amazing what a little lamp can do? I LOVE lamplight. You're doing a great job. I'm tackling my husband's office this weekend.

Tricia Anne said...

What a beautiful mirror and I love the price! I especially like your pretty little lamp on the counter and the picture hiding the cords. I have looked at the plugs on the wall behind my counter and tried to come up with ideas to hide them! Never thought of a pretty decorative somethin'! I hope you don't mind that I am copying you on that one! I also really like the metal vase and pretty colorful balls on your table.
Your blog is just lovely!!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Marie said...

If you were going to copy ideas from any blogger, you sure picked a good one! I love Susie's home and her style is fantastic!

I know what you mean about a lamp in the kitchen. I have one on my counter too- it's small, but it makes a world of difference! I'm very excited how your kitchen is coming along for you!

Blissful Nikki said...

BEAUTIFUL mirror first off! And I too am totally guily of "borrowing"a few ideas from Susie's blog...aren't we all? hehe
You did a great job!

Joy said...

Wow, more cute kitchen decor! Before you know it, you're going to have an uncontrollable urge to rip down that wallpaper (hee!hee!)
I think your color choices sound great! I have another idea for you... you could use a construction adhesive to put a new backspash on top of the brick--like a beadboard, or tin or ?
And I'm sure it wouldn't surprise you to know that I've used spray paint on my old hardware to update it. I've used rn'b too, but only to highlight. Both have held up well.

Joy said...

Oh, and I'm curious about the rub n' buff lady on RMS. You'll have to tell me how to find her---for "research purposes".

Joy said...

Me again. Have you taken off that hardware? If there's only one hole underneath, you could replace it with just about anything.

Laurie - Decorating Fanatic said...

Hi Bella! Love the mirror, it's a beauty! I also got a wire basket from Michael's. I painted mine black and stuck a faux plant in it! It's in the dining room under the tole trays. I love the balls you put in yours though. Very pretty. The paint color you were asking for is from Kelly Moore - Point Verde is the color. But what I did was bring all my fabric swatches into the paint store and chose paint from them. That way you know it will all go together! I like your ideas for your kitchen. Go find some inspiring fabric for yourself. It really helps! Good luck. :) ~ Laurie

Related Posts with Thumbnails